Organized into “Packs” with dens of “Sixes” the Timberwolf section is for scouts age 8-11 years of age. This section’s ceremonies and lore are based on The Jungle Book as written by Rudyard Kipling. The games and practical activities are focused on learning is “by doing.” The overall program is similar in appearance to B-P’s original pre-1960s Wolf Cub program. The focus is on preparing the Timberwolf scout for scouting in the Pathfinder section. Timberwolves are in a Pack of 25-32 scouts, and sub-divided into Sixes of 5-8 scouts.
Section Schedule Meetings
Timberwolves: 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, 11-2 pm (2018-2019)
- Hat: navy blue ball style cap with the Timberwolf Badge centered on the front.
- Shirt: ash gray long-sleeve jersey with no collar, sleeves rolled up or down
- Pants: Either long style cargo pants or shorts of an approved color: dark blue, khaki, green or gray
- Necker: of the group’s colors, worn with a ring or slide at the throat
- Socks: Knee length, worn turned down at the knee with green tabbed garter showing on outside with shorts, of approved color: dark blue, khaki, green, or gray (not white)
- Shoes: brown or black
BPSA-US also has links to get articles of the uniform.
BPSA Timberwolf Handbook – online handbook for all Timberwolf scouts
Wolf Cub Handbook – original Wolf Cub handbook by Robert Baden-Powell
Cubmaster’s First Year – Great resource for new Timberwolf Pack Leaders.
The Jungle Book
The Grand Howl with Baden-Powell